Orvis Hydros Fly Reel Updated
Your Price: $0.00
Select options below for pricing;
NZ Standard Delivery: $4.50 per order
Overseas: Tax Refund & Delivery Info
The new Orvis Hydros Reel is the result of Orvis's desire to make something great, that much better.
They took a best-selling reel and removed unnecessary material to further reduce the weight while stiffening the narrow spool, which minimizes line stacking.
Then changed the drag knob to be more ergonomically accessible and comfortable to use. And further refined the seal on the sealed drag to protect the clutch bearing in the drag mechanism.
They also radiused the reel foot as on the Mirage for kink-free leader protection.
The fully sealed drag with stacked carbon and stainless steel disc washers is still one of the strongest in the industry, with zero start-up inertia.
Matte type II anodized finish, standard large arbor size which balances better with lighter-weight fly rod, and yet still offers excellent retrieval rates and less line coiling than standard arbor reels.
Refinement and improvement are the hallmarks of quality. Matte black with silver accents, matte silver with charcoal accents.
- Refined, lighter weight large arbor fly reel
- Improved fully-sealed drag clutch bearing
- Radiused reel foot for kink-free leader protection
- Ergonomically improved, easy to use drag knob
- Zero start-up inertia
- Excellent retrieval rates and less line coiling
- Hydros I for line weights 1-3; 4.7 oz, 3.1” in diameter.
- Hydros II for line weights 3-5; 5.0 oz, 3.4” in diameter.
- Hydros III for line weights 5-7; 5.5 oz, 3.7” in diameter.
- Hydros IV for line weights 7-9; 6.6 oz, 4” in diameter.
- Hydros V for line weights 9-11; 7.7 oz, 4.25” in diameter.
Product Reviews: Orvis Hydros Fly Reel Updated
★★★★★ ★★★★★ (1)
5out of 5
February 16th, 2019
Great reel - I lost a couple of trout when my reel stuck when the fish ran. Time to buy a decent reel. Spent a lot of time on line and decided on the Hydros. Really pleased with the purchase. Well made smooth as silk great drag. Absolutely recommend it and great value for money.
Recommend to a friend? Yes