Fish Skull Baitfish Heads
NZ Standard Delivery: $5.20 per order
Overseas: Tax Refund & Delivery Info
The Fish Skull Baitfish Heads are a weighted head with a realistic baitfish profile that has been specifically designed for tying freshwater and saltwater streamer fly patterns.
Quick-and-easy to tie, this latest innovation in fly tying offers fly fishermen an exciting altermative to using old-style dumbbells or cones to weight their flies. The Fish-Skull has unique design features making it a versatile platform for tying a wide variety of realistic, weighted streamer patterns using natural or synthetic fly tying materials
- Fish-Skull design mimics the head and grill plates of a baitfish producing a more realistic looking profile
- The large head typically "pushes more water" than traditional flies
- Allows vertical freedom of movement for the tying materials and promotes more natural action from the fly
- Enables broader profile flies to be tied
- Eliminates the need to use epoxy to build up a head and attach eyes
- An important "trigger" for predatory game fish
- 3D Eyes are included with the Fish-Skulls
- Sunken fish eye recesses provide the option for tiers to use alternative eye styles or colours
And this is what you can do with your Fish Skulls!