SLN is short for “Short Line Nymphing”, also called Czech or European style nymphing. For the first time there’s a rod developed for short line nymphing in our local NZ rivers. It has a sensitive tip to keep you in control and tell you when to strike, but it has more power in the butt section than normal for the same style rods developed overseas. The reason is simple – our fish are bigger!
The extra length gives you more control of the line on the water. The sensitive tip makes the rod load quickly on short casts, and protects the tippet when playing fish. The added power in lower end of the rod assists on longer casts and gives you lifting power when you need it. The rod is nicely balanced so it actually feels more like a nine-footer.
The SLN rod has the same hi-tech pecs as the Tactical Series and it comes with a spare tip.
- High modulus blanks built on multi tapered mandrels
- Quality alloy reel seat with exotic wood insert
- Silicon carbide stripper guides
- Titanium coated single foot guides
- Spare tip
- Comes complete with cordura rod tube with reel pouch and cloth bags
- Manic Torque Fly Reel with cover
- Velocity Floating Line, backing and Manic Casting DVD