Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: ]

Page 2 of 2<<12

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Easier to find Solitude when fishing in town.....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
Andy W Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,22:17  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One of my mates I play golf with says to me tonight - 'you know that water race that runs into the subdivision - saw a good fish last night while walking the dog'. Now I have stalked it before - but got put off by the kids fishing it, and running in and out of the pond on a warm night... You know where I am going to be when it gets fine eh?

Right on Jonathan's back door too.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
Andy W Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2012,22:30 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Quentin Forster @ Feb. 07 2012,16:38)
Have found a few good quiet spots as of late both low and high. Thought we would visit the rangitata head last sunday afternoon and find a quiet spot. More people in messapotamia than in christchurch I reckon. Have certainly noticed the increase of people in the high country over the last few years in Canterbury, guess fly fishing is becoming increasingly popular every year. I reckon the key to a quiet day is to go up during the week when everyone else is at work.

Quentin - you will probably find that the number of angler's fishing the Rangi head waters will drop dramatically after Feb 28th, when Salmon fishing in the Western Zone in CSI finishes for the season.

Otherwise just get up there and be prepared to stake out a pool until the salmon anglers move on. Most evaporate unless they see a salmon by morning tea time and move on or head for their digs to take a siesta.
 Post Number: 13
Johnno Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 08 2012,07:33 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Funny isn't Tom, lovely water but bugger all fish!

--------------
"Maybe your stature as a fly fisherman isn't determined by how big a trout you can catch, but by how small a trout you can catch without being disappointed"
-John Gierach
12 replies since Feb. 06 2012,22:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 2<<12
reply to topic new topic new poll