Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: ]

Page 1 of 512345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Tongariro - How's it shaping up?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Chris Dore Search for posts by this member.
Play hard!

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 09 2010,22:28  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey guys. Anyone been on the Tongariro of late? Any indication of how the season is shaping up?

Deciding wether to make the trip north this winter.

Chris

--------------
FFF Certified Casting Instructor
SCOTT Pro Staff
www.CHRISDORE.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
gobbog Search for posts by this member.
Isaak M

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 09 2010,22:34 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

have a look at these chris, seems to be shaping up for a beaut of a season and 6lb bows are fairly regular off the mouths Taupofishing Sporting life and my favourite with all the other reports on it, tongariro motel. they may be slightly biased to get business but hey pictures dont lie
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
luderick -angler Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 09 2010,22:59 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

it's shaping up as one of the best since early 2000's the TT is on fire and theres good fish in the Hinemaia!

--------------
Uh huh i know what your thinking.......
 Post Number: 4
Chris Dore Search for posts by this member.
Play hard!

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 09 2010,23:05 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nice, thanks guys, I will watch with interest.

--------------
FFF Certified Casting Instructor
SCOTT Pro Staff
www.CHRISDORE.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
TheBadger Search for posts by this member.
'Badger on the other hand, he's basically a bum'

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2010,00:16 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mint. I'm going to be fishing it on the 19th and 20th and hopefully 21st too.

--------------
Jack Kos
RIVERWORKS Pro Team
Riverworks Blog
 Post Number: 6
upstream Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2010,00:26 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I haven't fished the Tongariro yet this winter - will be there in July. But the reports I have heard are that the rainbows are in better condition than the last two seasons, but still mostly only 2 to 3 lbs with the odd bigger fish. The browns are much bigger, but catching them is a bit of a hit and miss affair.

I fished the Waitanui a few weeks back, caught a 3 1/2 lber and lost a bigger fish so there certainly are some bigger fish in the lake.

But overall I would say that the lake is still recovering and fish size is still well below the long term average.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2010,00:42 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I spoke to a gentleman a while back who said there were some monsterous fish sitting off the delta this summer some doubles the browns seem to be a regular affair and the last flush of 220 cumecs shoulsd bring them on apparently the last runs of browns will be over the next few weeks then it's solid rainbow action. I was up there two weeks ago and sawtwo 16 year olds on the TT wit h3 each of 5 - 6 lbs so the good fish are there average size seems to be in the 2.5 - 4lb mark. You should have a ball Chris.

Hey Jack, we need to hook up for a fish this time!

--------------
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2010,01:10 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yep I'll give you a call when I'm up. Should hopefully be working quite a bit, but I definitely wanna go swing some big streamers at a couple of spots.

Any report on how the rivermouths, partic the hine is fishing? I love that spot, it's worth braving the awful winter cold for.

--------------
Jack Kos
RIVERWORKS Pro Team
Riverworks Blog
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2010,01:20 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When I was up the there the pick was the Waimarino and the Waiatoka, Hinemaia was average and as usual the picket fence was crowded!

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2010,15:53 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I might end up staying on a couple of days up there if dad can get a flight home. Will probably just be camping out in the car. Anyone going to be up there around that time and want to catch up for a fish? Probably be the days of the 21st, 22nd June.

--------------
Jack Kos
RIVERWORKS Pro Team
Riverworks Blog
41 replies since Jun. 09 2010,22:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 512345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll